These steps will show you how to add and change a category, which you may utilize in various parts of your estimates. A category describes a type of your resources (i.e. salaries, materials, equipment).
Adding a Category
- With an estimate open, press Ctrl+I to open the Settings dialogue box.
- Click on Lists in the left-side toolbar and then, under System Lookup Lists, choose Categories.
- Choose the Values tab.
- Click on Add, type in the name of the new category, and click OK.
- Close the Settings window.
Changing a Category
- In the estimate table, choose the Resources tab. Then click on the line item whose category you want to change.
- Click on the drop-down arrow under the Change category button in the Quick Access Toolbar and choose the new value.